Monday, September 7, 2015

FM Radio Broadcasting with HackRF and GNURadio

Here's a flow graph which can be used for broadcasting some content of a Wav  file over FM radio frequencies. The original flow graph is from here but it created a lot of missing block errors. So I had to edit it a little bit to make something my own which can be downloaded from here. Since it requires a Wav file, I generated it from a MP3 song file using a tool called Sox as follows.

sudo apt-get install sox

sudo apt-get install libsox-fmt-mp3

sox phillip-phillips-home.mp3 -b 16 phillip-phillips-home.wav

Here's how the flow graph looks in GNURadio Companion tool.


2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I used you graph but I noticed that sound tranmistted over FM is very scratchy. Do you know what may be a possible problem here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete