About a week ago, I thought to install TikiriDB and tryout it. To use it I have to install Contiki operating system and the cooja simulator which are the platform to run TikiriDB. Started from reading the tikiriDB home page (http://score.ucsc.lk/projects/tikiridb). There's a link provided in that page which shows how to install contiki and cooja in Ubuntu 8.10 (installing contiki/cooja). However I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid and it works. The only issue is if your going to install netsim simulator provided with contiki, your in trouble because the required package (libgtk1.2-dev) is not supporting to Ubuntu 9.04 and 10.04 as I know. By the way, I forget netsim and advanced to all the other things.
Here we go,
1. I had to install CVS to get the CVS version of Contiki,
sudo apt-get install cvs
2. Got the contiki source,
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/contiki co contiki-2.x
3. There is an example directory in the Contiki source which contains some example codes. To compile the hello-world example,
4. After testing that hello world example I cleaned the temporary files during the compilation,
5. Now contiki is ok. Then I needed java, since the cooja is a java based simulator,
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
6. To compile cooja I needed ant which is a compile tool,
sudo apt-get install ant
7. To compile and start cooja I gave the commands,
8. To remove all the temporary files created during the compilation,
After these steps cooja was started and I was exited by the facilities given in cooja. Then I stopped working on it and hope to complete the further configuration steps of cooja later.